I love to have adventures, explore, and just have fun! I bring along my dogs whenever possible so they can partake in the fun of being adventurous too. They seem to get a kick out of it. They might be small, but they are mighty. They travel with me just about anywhere and everywhere. Life is too short not to play hard and have fun. Sometimes my risk vs. gain judgement factor goes on hiatus and I sometimes tend to do risky things. Some of my favorite things to do is hike, kayak, and ski, but I'm game to try just about anything once.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Skiing Day 2, Sugar Bowl


Went skiing the other day (April 22,2011) with my friend and coworker, Megan and her 4 year old daughter, who is a far better skier than I. We spent the day at Sugar Bowl and just had a ton of fun. We hit a couple of green runs then I made my debut on a blue run.

While it was daunting, it was overwhelmingly fun! After they left, I decided to hang out for a bit longer and made my first solo run, sucessfully! Only ate snow twice that day, so all and all not too bad.
It was a very beautiful say for skiing, not too hot and the powder was perfect. As an added benefit, it started to snow when I was skiing by myself. I did learn an important lesson though, a person can still get sunburned even if its snowing and overcast. Well worth it. I am loving my new addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment