I love to have adventures, explore, and just have fun! I bring along my dogs whenever possible so they can partake in the fun of being adventurous too. They seem to get a kick out of it. They might be small, but they are mighty. They travel with me just about anywhere and everywhere. Life is too short not to play hard and have fun. Sometimes my risk vs. gain judgement factor goes on hiatus and I sometimes tend to do risky things. Some of my favorite things to do is hike, kayak, and ski, but I'm game to try just about anything once.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

First time skiing!

Ok, so as I write this, my first time skiing was last week, April 14, 2011. So I'm going to just tell you what the experience was like for me then: in a word, PHENOMENAL! While I did take a few diggers in the icy snow (hey..who doesn't?) the overall experience was great. Dad and I had been talking about skiing for literally YEARS but, life constantly got in the way. Not this year, because we finally took to the slopes. After my first run, my addiction with skiing started. I haven't stopped thinking about it since. Once I find something I like, I tend to obsess over it and bore everyone around me with the same old boring details again and again, but for me... I get to relive the whole wonderful experience again and again to my hearts content, or until my mouth dries up from talking too much and I notice people rolling their eyes in my general direction.

Dad and I at Northstar


Beautiful day at Northstar.


 Skiing Village Run

Northstar was a wonderful place to learn. The hills were gentle and the staff was very knowledge, helpful, and friendly. I feel that if it is your first time skiing, this is one of the best mountain to learn on. Pay the extra cash and get yourself an instructor... it's much easier and much more fun learning with an instructor, you don't fall as much.

Skiing the final .25 mile of Village Run

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Village run!! It was our family's favorite run... all the way from the very top to the bottom. Yay for Northstar!

    ReplyDelete