I love to have adventures, explore, and just have fun! I bring along my dogs whenever possible so they can partake in the fun of being adventurous too. They seem to get a kick out of it. They might be small, but they are mighty. They travel with me just about anywhere and everywhere. Life is too short not to play hard and have fun. Sometimes my risk vs. gain judgement factor goes on hiatus and I sometimes tend to do risky things. Some of my favorite things to do is hike, kayak, and ski, but I'm game to try just about anything once.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Making our own trails..


My Adventure Guy and I decided to pack up the dogs, load our CamelBacks, and break out the hiking grear. We found this great spot last week while exploring our surrounding area.. We parked the car, grabbed the caching containers, the dogs, and started on our way across the creek.



A steep hard climb resulted in a great rewarding view
Once we got on the other side of the creek the trail (old forest service road) was looking in pretty good shape, but once we got about .5 mile away..the story changed. So we took a side jaunt up a ridge line to a rock outcropping to check the view. And it was pretty amazing.









After our side trek to the amazing overview, we headed back down and back on the track we were headed. The trail continued to degrade and eventually, vanished completely. So..we made our own path, we stepped into the creek and walked upstream...dogs joyfully splashing behind us.
Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads



We placed a few caches along this beautiful area, took a ton of photos, and headed back to the car.  We had a wonderful time on our first hike of the season.




One happy Adventure Crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment